Universe Board

Full Version: 144hz monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If i have a free sync monitor 144Hz on a gpu nvidia card (RTX 2080).

Am i able to run 144Hz?
free sync is AMD standard tech
not working 144hz
maybe if u try hz overclock can be 75hz maybe
Don’t think so. I think i can play 144Hz on it.
you can. guaranteed. I've done it with a 144hz AOC monitor and NVIDIA gpu.
Ye I think so.. 

P.S. Wrong section. This thread must be moved.
did you just quote reply yourself?
yes amd's freesync will work with BOTH nvidia and amd gpu's
(01-03-2019, 02:33 PM)Ennui Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.did you just quote reply yourself?
yes amd's freesync will work with BOTH nvidia and amd gpu's

Lmao i didn't even realise LUL

(01-03-2019, 01:04 PM)Ennui Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.you can. guaranteed. I've done it with a 144hz AOC monitor and NVIDIA gpu.

I'm gonna buy this one.
                                                          [Image: 3ATIjku.png]
                                                                          Asus VG278Q - Gaming Monitor - Freesync (144 Hz)
                                                                                                                  27 Inch.
that should work.
AOC G2460PF 24-inch will cost $100USD less, but it's up to you.
Yes... the panel itself is rated for 144hz, therefore it will be able to display up to 144 FPS should the game you are playing hit that (i.e. GunZ will have no problem hitting that).

The only thing you lose out on with using a FreeSync monitor with an NVidia GPU is adaptive sync. It only "truly" makes a difference for games that are very taxing on your GPU, resulting in lower FPS on things like triple A titles. But in those games, in my opinion, as long as you hit around 90+ FPS it will still look relatively smooth.

tl;dr Yes it will work, you just can't use FreeSync... as you would need an AMD GPU to utilize it. And no, it will not have a major impact on how games looks, it will still be smooth. Others have gotten both to work together but it lacks the one major component of why one would want adaptive sync such as FreeSync.... variable refresh rate. 

So get a G-Sync+NVidia or FreeSync+AMD Card if you want the best functionality. If you mix and match, you won't be losing much of anything really in my experience.
(01-03-2019, 10:06 PM)Eun Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yes... the panel itself is rated for 144hz, therefore it will be able to display up to 144 FPS should the game you are playing hit that (i.e. GunZ will have no problem hitting that).

The only thing you lose out on with using a FreeSync monitor with an NVidia GPU is adaptive sync. It only "truly" makes a difference for games that are very taxing on your GPU, resulting in lower FPS on things like triple A titles. But in those games, in my opinion, as long as you hit around 90+ FPS it will still look relatively smooth.

tl;dr Yes it will work, you just can't use FreeSync... as you would need an AMD GPU to utilize it. And no, it will not have a major impact on how games looks, it will still be smooth. Others have gotten both to work together but it lacks the one major component of why one would want adaptive sync such as FreeSync.... variable refresh rate. 

So get a G-Sync+NVidia or FreeSync+AMD Card if you want the best functionality. If you mix and match, you won't be losing much of anything really in my experience.

So if i get FreeSync+AMD Monitor with a RTX 2080 GPU Card it won't function good right?. But it will Run 144Hz correct?
Also about the response time will it be 1Ms?
Pages: 1 2