Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the rules by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for the next "Gladiator Tournament" (Not Crying or QQ).
I personally want to thank @Helios, @Haru, @Shon, @Fenn, @Ajax and the rest of the staff that helped make the gladiator tournament happen and become what it became, it was fun to enter and play with fellow players!

I also want to congratulate @Hust for his victory and dominance of the tournament. Good job bruh. And I want to congratulate everyone who attended the tournament and all the users who watched the streams. It was very good for this community!

With that being said, I also want to speak on how I feel that with it being amazing for the community of UGG to have this happen, I also need to speak truth about feeling it also was not ran correctly or handled in the right manner... I will now name a few of the issues that I ALONE dealt with or things I'VE noticed that should/could have been fixed or prevented at all costs. (Speaking for no one else, but myself right now).

1. Bracket Participants Being Absent (Not Showing Up)/Tardy (Late).

I will begin this topic by saying I too was one of the participants who had shown up late, on more than one occasion with no response until after the stated time of my very own matches, but I seen multiple players not even showing up at all... I personally and strongly feel that this was a violation of the rules of the tournament. I feel that ANY participant who was scheduled to play at a certain time with another player should not be late. That is irresponsible to me. ALL players who did not arrive on time or did not show up (INCLUDING myself) Should have been given a grace period of 15 minutes to either show up or at least find a way to reach out to a staff member to explain why they could not show up to play. If that mission was not accomplished, well then THAT is an automatic disqualification and if the other opponent was there ready to play, then they should have won that round and had advanced. If neither player was there then that is when you move that match until the next day or the next week to start up a continuation of the prior set of matches. For example, when I was supposed to play my first round, my opponent and I were both not there, but I showed up late and explained how I was at the doctors office with my father for his appointment and was waiting for him to get finished so that I could return and play. I was told my opponent was not there either. Which then resulted in a continuation. That is the correct way to handle that situation. But then the next week came and it was time to finish the prior weeks match between us. I was there my opponent was not. I automatically won the round but I was asked if I had someone else I wanted to play. That is wrong to me because if there was a person I chose to play then how is that fair if I happen to lose and that person had not entered the tournament by the provided time? So what if the person that I chose to play against wasn't in the tournament to begin with and they end up winning finals? That compromises the entire tournament because that's unfair to the people who actually signed up and participated properly and then someone who wasn't supposed to be in the tournament came in and won and they weren't even in the bracket..

2. Bracket Was Not Working Or Was Not Updated With The Proper Information For Users To Understand.

I don't like placing blame, but I feel this was staffs issue that should have at least been explained in a proper thread or just fixed entirely and quickly as possible.. I seen so many complaints and was told by many people they were so confused as to what was going on with the bracket.. There were players that had won and lost matches and their names were still green or red and they shouldn't have been. Players names were out of whack and out of order with who won or who they were supposed to be playing the next rounds. Some players didn't even have an opponent and had people placed in wrong areas. That is confusing and frankly annoying. That needs to never happen again or if it does be cleaned up QUICKLY. Actually for example if you go back to the updated bracket list and look right now, it's still messed up and not updated correctly..

3. Map Selections Were TERRIBLE!

I get that tournaments should be played in various maps yes, but this was a complete disaster.. In a normal tournament with guns, YES, all types of maps are supposed to be played. But in GLADIATOR, there needs to be specific map selections for players because there are no long range weapons involved.. Staff chose maps that either had holes in the floors, obstacles such as pillars and blocks, boxes in the way of fighting territory.. Example? For my Third round in the semi-finals, we were given the map High Haven... Are you kidding me? That map for one is HUGE for people running aorund with swords first off, second off there is no proper area anywhere in the map for players to even have enough room to play at.. On top of that, the map had no barriers to protect against map knock off or falls for suicides.. That's not even right. Maps like High Haven, Stairway, Ruin, Lost Shrine, Port, etc.. Are all maps for GUNNERS, not SWORDERS. Maps like Battle Area, Dojo, Hall, eRing, Town, Garden, Etc.. Are all maps for SWORDERS and GUNNERS but would be acceptable for SWORDERS because they are not HUGE maps and don't have fall points where players would fight at and have large enough areas for players to play in. Plus there's not a lot of obstacles in the way blocking people and messing people up.. Those maps can be used as proper 1v1 maps in close quarter battle.

4. Rules Were Not Set In Stone In Proper Time Or Added Late.

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable for me. Should be for staff too.. There were rules in the beginning of the tournament.. Okay cool. But there obviously wasn't enough because of the abuse that was going on. After the first round, THEN newer rules that should have been added in the beginning because their obvious and common sense.. (Flip spam, tbf macro spam, insta spam, running, spiking, lagging, etc.).

5. Rules Were Not Followed Or Were Ignored Completely.

This here, is just pure disgusting to me. How can you make and set rules that are supposed to be FOLLOWED by, and then ignore them yourselves? This doesn't even make sense to me.. For example again. In my second round against Vitin, one of the rules happened to be no TBF macro spam, which in translation mean no TBF at ALL. After I killed him twice he started TBFing EVERY single round after that. I watched the replay on Twitch, and I see Staff talking to other staff about how they notice the TBF and then they warned him once. What I seen in the rules was that you would get a warning and if continued you would be disqualified.. That did not happen. Actually I had to deal with that for the rest of the match, although I won, that was supposed to be ended rounds before the end. Another example? In my semi-finals match against Marujo, The rules stated that there is to be no running to avoid attacks, death or hindering tournament time. I dealt with that from round 1. There was no warning given. I understand that people may think that running literally only consists of actually running from the opponent in an attempt to make them chase you and escape being slashed. Well, in the GLADIATOR world, running consists of that PLUS, backpedaling, side pedaling, avoiding the opponent completely until they get tripped on a massive because they can't catch you in order to gain 2-3 slashes and continue fleeing from the fight.. That is also running. At multiple times, I was just standing there looking at Marujo's character go side to side watch him side pedal and avoid trying to fight unless he could cheap shot me while i chased his character and he went backwards and continued the same movement. THAT is running. I also then again, out loud and whispered to a staff member and the lag for one but that was unavoidable because I'm in USA and he is in Brazil, but then I mentioned the running. I was told "No, because he's still slashing so it's not running"... What??? But he's running, slashes or not that's not fair the rules state a warning first and then a disqualification.. NEITHER happened. So whatever we continued. He then in the middle of the fight RAN into a hole in the High Haven floor and got away for a good minute while I searched for him and he ran to the HP spawn to grab more health.. What do you call that? There was still no warning or disqualification.. That's ridiculous. On top of that he left the match and rejoined about 3 times with no explanation.. Unreal.

6. There Is No Losers Bracket Or Prize For Second or Third Place.

I feel that the losers still need a chance to get something, so everyone that loses in the regular bracket has an extra chance to come out on top and win something at least. winners bracket winner and losers bracket winner should have to face after and that will result in the winner of the tournament.. Prize for winner overall = 400 coins/gold member. Prize for 2nd place or loseres brack winner = 200 coins/gold member. Prize for 3rd place = 100 coins.

7. Stream Was Not On For Some Matches Or Was Choppy When It Was.

Stream kinda sucked, it was blotchy, choppy, freezing, fat-screened, not clear, and not informationally streamed. What if I joined the stream late and seen round 8 but didn't know the score? During the stream I would expect after every round The scoreboard would be showed so that new viewers would be able to see who was playing and what the score was. I was waiting for like 3-5 rounds at a time to see a score, that's annoying.

8. Weapon Selection.

I understand the Rusty Sword, but why not allow the Light Weight Sword? It's the same damage just a little bit faster. Confused me. Should definitely be allowed.

Mind you some of these things happened to a lot of other people or they are things that others have noticed as well and were concerned about, but ALL of these things I have experienced. There are more things, but I think this is a good start, and I'm tired of typing about common sense issues that should be solved without being told. Good day.
Incense | Dagger | Odyssey | Twitch

[Image: UGG-Cursor.png][Image: ya2p9cbu]

→ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ←
Thanks given by: Hust
1. Depends on the hoster(s) and what they feel is right.
2. I agree, it needs to be updated, if you can't update a bracket with simple names, don't host a tournament.
3. Players should be able to vote on maps, I kinda agree but then kinda disagree at the same time with what you're saying.
4. Rules can be added if they see fit, then again, you're kinda right, rules should be stuck to all matches first before they are added, resolves confusion and other factors.
5. I agree, all rules should be followed, kept, and listened to by all staff and players, they are there for a reason.
6. This is not something that is needed/mandatory, a "losers bracket" shows nothing and sometimes there are no 2nd/3rd place prizes, just gotta deal with it :/.
7. Unfortunately, the "choppy" part is out of our control, not much we can do. The entire "they didn't stream it" is also out of many peoples' control, they don't need to stream it unless they say (or guarantee) that every match will be streamed and by who and when.
8. As long as everyone has the same weapon, it doesn't really matter.
There's much more to life than dying over your past mistakes
and people who throw dirt on your name.

[Image: johNodK.gif]
Thanks given by: Cursor
caralho vtnc mlk doente da ***** chora caralho 2017 filho dq ***** debil mental
[Image: om2wDAF.png]
[Image: ACWoPAT.png]
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanks given by: Flash
Good suggestion
                                            [Image: tumblr_o2vpaqepBi1rvc53oo5_500.gif]  
                                                                                 --> I am going to kill you okay <--
(01-23-2017, 01:44 AM)God-Banana Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.caralho vtnc mlk doente da ***** chora caralho 2017 filho dq ***** debil mental

gold member ta saindo por 1kzin ta afim?  hust falo que te vende acc dele
[Image: 24Vzp7.jpg][

[Image: b6engy.png]
Thanks given by:
Well #7
We didn't had streamers. We will do it in the next tournament.

BTW,I don't think this gladiator tournament will be hosted again. We need to make the Gladiator Community in UGG bigger.
Ex GM & Head Advertiser (2016-2017) ,  Ex Forum Moderator (2019)
This tournament was a waste in my opinion the "Unorganized" bracket/players who chose not to show up were the cause of the bracket not being updated.
I literally scrambled games in order to get some matches going.
No matter how many times I may have posted the link, Stated the exact times according to time zone, the users were simnply not online to participate.

Rules were enforced in my opinion only match with an issue was You vs Marujo when he Ran to med, and being dc'd. He received his first warning and continued
playing as usual. Bear in mind you Flipped him after being warned which should have been a dq but i let it go simply because i wanted a good match going..

I secretly would have liked to see you win @Cursor watching your previous game, which showed you to be a great contender for the finals. I was hoping for a
turn around in your last match.

I would like to thank those who were on in time, I personally think the tournament would have been better if given more time.
We were only given 3 days prior to the start date to organize the tourney. resulting in closing the bracket where other players
who would have loved signing up missed the opportunity.
Stream was stopped due to my internet connection dropping & scrambling to get a GM to open an event room for me.

For future reference the tournament sign ups will be open for a minimum of 1 week

[Image: 9jWI76N.png]

[Image: bahamas.png][Image: canada.png][Image: dominican_republic.png][Image: brazil.png]
Underatted Is An Understament... They Tryin' To Test Greatness
the most confusing thing was the time.. i had no idea what's  BR server time..
Not to mention that team based games are more appealing than individual. That being said 2v2 would of been ALOT better than 1v1.
Thanks given by: Cursor , Helios
I did flip him which was a breach in the rules. It was a complete accident lol. I appreciate the break and no warning but regardless I should have been warned but me and him both said it out loud and i didn't attack him so it kinda made sense but a warning was still supposed to be given to me.
Incense | Dagger | Odyssey | Twitch

[Image: UGG-Cursor.png][Image: ya2p9cbu]

→ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ←
Thanks given by:
(01-23-2017, 12:35 PM)Phanta Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.the most confusing thing was the time.. i had no idea what's  BR server time..
Not to mention that team based games are more appealing than individual. That being said 2v2 would of been ALOT better than 1v1.

I definitely agree,
A Team Gladiator would have done so much better than individual games.

[Image: 9jWI76N.png]

[Image: bahamas.png][Image: canada.png][Image: dominican_republic.png][Image: brazil.png]
Underatted Is An Understament... They Tryin' To Test Greatness