Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the rules by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of gunz
Like many other people on this server I've played this game since Igunz(2006) and later on till ijjigunz (2010-2012). We all have witnessed the downfall of gunz, the current playerbase we have are people who have never forgotten gunz and came back for the nostalgia of the game. Remarkable and also typical for Gunz is that only people who have mastered the basic techniques (to be competitive) kept playing or eventually came back, this is where gunz differs a lot compared to other games. The time it takes to master these skills in order to get enjoyment out of this game forces a lot of new players to quit.

The main question should be ; 'Is there anything the private servers can do to attract new players and if that is the case how can we ensure their longterm commitment' There are a few up and downsides to this matter.

Up:
- Every new desktop/laptop have the necessary graphical specifications to run gunz without lag (not that normal back in the day)
- Its F2P
- Social Media/ Marketing/ Streaming / Advertisement is HOT
Down:
- Graphics aren't really attractive
- The new generation of gamers are egocentric and arrogant, they would rather talk people down instead of helping them.
- It is hard to play on the general server where everyone is skilled and u would die 10 times before even making one kill (no fun to keep getting smashed for a long time when playing a 2 hour session)
- It is a lot of effort that needs to be put in, without any guarantee of succes.

The conclusion would be that I think there are many opportunities to bring gunz back into the market, but the own players are holding it back due to the characteristics of the game. In order to break this cycle of new players getting ''bullied'' away I would recommend the following.

- Create an official UGG stream/platform on youtube/twitch where daily updates, events, developments can be discussed with several charasmatic hosts(where can I apply)
- Create another platform especially for beginners, organise training sessions and create a relaxed environment for them.
- Advertise on huge gaming platforms (comes along with more expenses)

Some may think that my suggestion is too much for a game that was developed in garbage quality back in the days, but I see it as bringing back a flopped product (with potential) in a new and innovative way. Biggest holdbacks : Expenses, manpower and dedication
Thanks given by:
Anyone with a decent computer will play any other TPS games over GunZ The Duel
Player base is split between 2 main servers now and without any chance of there ever being a merge the current player base here and there is what you will get till the end of GunZ
Advertising is a tricky one since it's a private server, advertising anywhere especially at other major gaming platforms opens you up for law suits and so on.

Face it Gunz is dying, let it die.
Thanks given by:
(06-25-2017, 10:02 AM)Dench Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Anyone with a decent computer will play any other TPS games over GunZ The Duel
Player base is split between 2 main servers now and without any chance of there ever being a merge the current player base here and there is what you will get till the end of GunZ
Advertising is a tricky one since it's a private server, advertising anywhere especially at other major gaming platforms opens you up for law suits and so on.

Face it Gunz is dying, let it die.

I agree with u on several points, but the game dying is an ongoing proces for the last 5 years. So that is nothing really new, as long as the owners can cover the expenses of the server the game won't die out completely. My experience with the other server is that's it even less active than this one, so I think this server will outlast the other one. I think it would be interesting for a gm/staff to explain or at least talk us through the risks of advertising and what the limits are. I really doubt anyone would start a lawsuit over a game that is in such  poor condition, but I don't have the necessary knowledge to talk about that. I wonder which company now owns the right to exploit this game? Anyone that can clarify that?
Thanks given by:
(06-25-2017, 09:51 AM)UMadBrah Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Create an official UGG stream/platform on youtube/twitch where daily updates, events, developments can be discussed with several charasmatic hosts(where can I apply)
- Create another platform especially for beginners, organise training sessions and create a relaxed environment for them

I liked these suggestions,
-A ''noob channel'' the problem is that most players stay on free channel 1 and ignores the ''noob channel'' and for this reason the beginners dont play there. 
In the free channel we have a lot of training rooms and anyone can train and ''relax'' when they want.
-I agree with create a official UGG stream/plataform and we are already announcing events and updates on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. Any type of social media is very important to make a game big, so i agree with this suggestion, and in a near future maybe our staffs can add it.

Anyway, i want to thanks for all your suggestion, i liked the most of them, and maybe in a near future our team add this.

[Image: 5siqQ73.gif]
Haters gonna hate

Thanks given by: willian2017
It would be great if they do this so new players learn little by little, but remember that that is depends on the administrators / developers of the game

I like you idea.
[Image: R5IKjyF.gif]
[Image: 2rp9215.png]
Ex - GM.
Thanks given by:
Your point of view is interesting.

(06-25-2017, 11:45 AM)Krustty Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I liked these suggestions,
-A ''noob channel'' the problem is that most players stay on free channel 1 and ignores the ''noob channel'' and for this reason the beginners dont play there. 
In the free channel we have a lot of training rooms and anyone can train and ''relax'' when they want.
-I agree with create a official UGG stream/plataform and we are already announcing events and updates on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. Any type of social media is very important to make a game big, so i agree with this suggestion, and in a near future maybe our staffs can add it.

I agree. new players are not given the opportunity to gain sense of playing/being hooked to Gunz being killed every 5 seconds, resulting in them quitting during the first 1-3 days.

With the focus of increasing the player base of our community.
Here are a few suggestions I have in mind:

- Reducing the delay of donation transactions being processed/sent.
- All new characters set to level 1.
- The removal off JJANG from accounts and web-store. Increasing the demand for playing events/the "event winner" rank.
- Targeting the Newbies, adding temporary or special items which can only be obtained through quest modes.
- Weekly Survival Mode Challenges first to successfully complete 100 rounds every month being rewarded.
- New staff items, providing an opening for new event modes
- Player wars being reset weekly, being previously done on the old server. Sunday 12:00 AM Br Server Time.
- Introducing another sms donation method for venzuela players.
- Developing a UGunz Twitch Team. Hiring a Community Manager responsible for recruiting Clan War junkies/streamers. Live streaming GM Events.

- Weekly/Monthly promotions.
- Challenge Quest

Just to name a few. 
Quite a bit of new features will be added in the following update. 

With regards to our advertising, there are no limitations.
All methods available to expand/expose our server are being taken into consideration. I.. along with my Head Advertiser will be conducting tests with expanding our advertising team and player base.

[Image: 9jWI76N.png]

[Image: bahamas.png][Image: canada.png][Image: dominican_republic.png][Image: brazil.png]
Underatted Is An Understament... They Tryin' To Test Greatness
Thanks given by: Michou , Myster , Krustty , Scythez , Ryou , Hope
eu acho q a gente tem q ter publicidad em os roles na favela tlg mto legal. tipo vc ta em un role e chega no microfono e fala eai rapaziada td bem? vai baixar universe gunz the duel.
[Image: d860ef61c146b19fa1ba2d33b53321cf.png]
Thanks given by: Helios , YatenN , TJJ , Marujo
You guys should have a tutorial game mode or some kind of option in the game that shows the default settings on how to do every legit move, then that way they will know how to time moves and then be able to change settings if needed, tutorial mode is biggest, there are a lot of YouTube videos but not a lot of new players will think to search those moves when they don't even know what the names of the moves are
Soundcloud: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
YouTube: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

[Image: rXblprT.jpg]
Thanks given by:
tutorials for basic moves not hard moves like gdhs/ latedash isn't hard to make just guide them with tips on their screen and a tick once after they completed the move if it can be done on subway surfers definitely possible on gunz
Thanks given by:
After reading all the posts I think it is important for staff to clearify what their goals are, do they want to revive the game (be profitable in the long run) or is the main goal self preservation (generate enough income to cover server expenses). I look at things as an entrepreneur, the first thing I would do is to carry out a risk analysis, mainly looking at the costs and benefits of the chosen strategy and also the legality (is there even a budget lel)

I personally still believe this game can be revived, not because I enjoy playing it myself but mainly because it has been successful before and the many components I described in my first posts. Just like any other business it is important to take all circumstances into account when making a decision. The difficulty of this matter is the community you try to revive is the ''cancerous le topkek 9gag reddit'' 2017 internet generation. When dealing with people over the internet it is always tricky to manage this group (look at ijji)

I always believed that the competition was the main succes reason for gunz, now these days the competitive part is mainly p2w. The difference between donor & non donor is huge, especially in anti-lead games. For that reason I usually play lead if there are any games around, also anti-lead disables the sword play part of the game which in my eyes is what made the game more versatile and fun(who doesn't enjoy the sword gang rape) In the end the server needs to be paid and I understand there is no other way to do this besides constant renewing donator items to bring in the money. However I think some rebalance actions need to be undertaken.

In the end u will have to keep your old player base satisfied and basically understand the reasoning's for investing or not investing money into the game. Bringing in new players is important, but the main goal is how to make sure the old and new people stay interested in the game.
Thanks given by: