Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the rules by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved New Internet. Spiking bad
Just got new internet. 100 MBS fiber internet. I am spiking bad though. Why is it only happening in gunz? How to fix? Even my mobile hotspot which is 3g and only 500 kbs doesn't spike like this. My ping goes from 50- 600 in game and it's not playable as characters are teleporting. How can I fix this? It's very annoying. My fiber internet should not be having this problem.

My old internet of 25mbs didn't have this problem at all.
Thanks given by:
Maybe try this; change your frequency (router channel), Prob. because each 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi channel requires a signaling band roughly 22 MHz wide, radio frequencies of neighboring channels numbers significantly overlap each other. I think that's why you spike'd.
[Image: rogzBB9.gif]
Thanks given by:
I plugged in my Ethernet cable and it's fine

But I want to use wifi. My cable isn't long enough so i need this fixed for wifi
Thanks given by:
yes, that's for wifi Wink
[Image: rogzBB9.gif]
Thanks given by:
Change WiFi channel; Download a program called inSSider and check what channel your neighbours are on then pick the one furthest from them (e.g. if they use 1, 5, 7, pick 11)

How far is the router to your PC? Walls etc weaken the signal too
  Me --> (•_•) ..
               ∫\ \___( •_•) <-- Ken
              ∫∫ ∫∫ɯ \ \
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2018, 05:14 AM)TheHornyBrit Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Change WiFi channel; Download a program called inSSider and check what channel your neighbours are on then pick the one furthest from them (e.g. if they use 1, 5, 7, pick 11)

It's in the same room
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2018, 08:48 AM)Shredded Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(10-01-2018, 05:14 AM)TheHornyBrit Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Change WiFi channel; Download a program called inSSider and check what channel your neighbours are on then pick the one furthest from them (e.g. if they use 1, 5, 7, pick 11)

It's in the same room

Well download inSSider and change your channel etc.

WiFi will always have issues even if you're next to it.
  Me --> (•_•) ..
               ∫\ \___( •_•) <-- Ken
              ∫∫ ∫∫ɯ \ \
Thanks given by:
Is your problem solved?
If you do not respond to this thread within 48 hours, it will be closed.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Discord: Infused#6195
Thanks given by:
Thread closed.
Thanks given by: