Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the rules by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macros should not be permitted
Hello,

I'd like to start this post by congratulating UniverseGamers, in its very own way it has been part of the fight to not let this great game die and I make sure I throw a couple of bucks now and then to support that. Smile

During this pandemic, a lot of previously inactive (and some of them really old) players have joined the server to enjoy this game once again, but have realized that it’s really hard to get to a competitive level on this server, maybe they wonder why… (?)

I don’t consider myself a great player.. I think I fall on the decent (sometimes) category, but while playing with some folks that stayed active on this server, I found out that Macros are not considered illegitimate, even though is gives the player that is using them a way to overpower advantage. I find this shocking.

This server doesn’t need that and adding Macros to the “not allowed” list can make it more fun and competitive.

Best,
Phew.

Thanks given by: ChronoKnight
NO MACRO= NO KOREANS playing
But then black monkeys could no longer win clanwars , It's like taking away the most important thing in their life.. oww ;(  Kden
[Image: lPspYGC.png]
Thanks given by: 123123321 , ChronoKnight
Ty for your opinion but phobitting macro is impossible especially in old games
(05-20-2020, 10:38 AM)Curon Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Ty for your opinion but phobitting macro is impossible especially in old games

Patching it may be hard but prohibiting it isn't.

I do not understand where is the fun at letting macros do moves for you. lol
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(05-20-2020, 10:46 AM)RealElicar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(05-20-2020, 10:38 AM)Curon Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Ty for your opinion but phobitting macro is impossible especially in old games

so tell me how you gonna detect a macro player? with kinda of macros? not all are easy to notice if the player is using or no...specially when you can do all the movs by yourself, where do you wanna prohibit them? clan wars or what? have you ever used a macro before? they all useless, most of them 99% are hard to control+aim, the one i think the one special is the dashbreak macro cuz you can combo with a lot of movments like gdhs, dhs, blinkstep and this one might confuse the person you playing against, but you also can do it by yourself just put the right settings..i mean, ppl have called me macro before i had gaming mouse with side buttons...
(05-20-2020, 11:33 AM)Stallone Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(05-20-2020, 10:46 AM)RealElicar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

so tell me how you gonna detect a macro player? with kinda of macros? not all are easy to notice if the player is using or no...specially when you can do all the movs by yourself, where do you wanna prohibit them? clan wars or what? have you ever used a macro before? they all useless, most of them 99% are hard to control+aim, the one i think the one special is the dashbreak macro cuz you can combo with a lot of movments like gdhs, dhs, blinkstep and this one might confuse the person you playing against, but you also can do it by yourself just put the right settings..i mean, ppl have called me macro before i had gaming mouse with side buttons...

That's the thing here.. Some of those moves are really hard to time and execute perfectly all the time.. A lot players are abusing of Macros so much that you can just tell that their moves are not being executed by their fingers lol.
(05-20-2020, 11:59 AM)Phew Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(05-20-2020, 11:33 AM)Stallone Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

That's the thing here.. Some of those moves are really hard to time and execute perfectly all the time.. A lot players are abusing of Macros so much that you can just tell that their moves are not being executed by their fingers lol.

which kind of moves? you have to understand that you can also master any movment you want, just practice... but how you wanna ban these people that might be using macro? go through a process maybe? where the person need to prove to the gms that he can do the movment by showing the mouse software, gunz settings or what?
@Stallone 

It's easy to detect them from your third person view against them, i see guys glitching/floating with these macros. You will also notice when you kill someone performing one of these movements, the movement while dying will trigger repetitive sounds after depending on how fast the macro is.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Easy, just block every single macro program that there is.
It's no different than auto banning for 3rd party program that's running on the background.

But in the end noone cares and gunz has become booring macro spamming ***** fest.
The best thing about this ***** is tournaments, which can be fun however Pls managed to ***** that one up aswell by ***** the only real oldgens in this server.
[Image: lPspYGC.png]
Thanks given by: diego055 , ChronoKnight