Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the rules by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we facilitate new Players?
Since most GunZ players have moved on, shouldn't there be a focus on attracting brand new players (especially with the growth in eSport awareness, imagine if GunZ was launched by a big company today, it wouldve been huge).

Since this game usually takes years to learn (usually learn everything by yourself) and is usually unfair in terms of gameplay since you will mostly be playing against higher tier players, I had an idea:

Also, if you want to divide new players from old players, maybe having divisions that solely rely on skill instead of level (this would be very hard to do) since you have to have a system which can detect a player's skill.

- Perhaps having a program that can detect players using certain movement (keys)
i.e:
Spraying(Simple Aimwalk)/Simple Sword Mechanics/Simple Movements - Beginner...Bronze
Better Spraying (Aim)/Flips/Dashing/Blocking/Controlled Massiving/Wallhanging - Novice...(Silver)
K Style/Butterfly(BF)/Swapping Guns to perform spam shots/Slash wall climbs/Advanced Blocking:bullets/sword  - Intermediate.............................................................Gold
Advanced K-Style (Slash Cancelling, etc), Double Butterfly (DBF), Reload shots, Half Step  (HS),  - Advanced......................................................................................... Platinum
Professional K-Style (Triple Butterfly, Double Reload shot, Forbidden Step (FS), DHS, Insta (Sword and Gun - Registering a flip following sword hits and gun hits) - Pro.....Diamond

By performing these moves (like an objective), you move onto the next tier (channel). Each tier has a certain max level and after you reach that level (you must learn the next set of abilities/moves) to advance to the next tier

After reaching Diamond, and you hit the max level, you are eligible to advance into other tiers (Master, etc) by winrates (Clanwar, player wars, etc) while casual channel games are unaffected.

There is free-channel for everyone to meet up (no matter what tier) and there is training channels (where each tier has a room or a sub channel, where players from higher tiers can join and train the lower tiers)
- Higher Tier players who train lower tier players can be mentors (Have a mentor system, register a mentor via website or in game) and if they advance to the next tier, the higher tier player will be rewarded (coins, redeemable points etc).

I don't know just an opinion, most modern games have a tier system these days for skill based games

And in terms of attraction, maybe having some sort of marketing?
Thanks given by:
Its a good suggestion but i dont think this system would work at gunz. They could do it like the new official kgunz. They are hosting 2 servers. Server one is for pros and oldgens and server 2 for new players with new rules. They removed the block after the slash so u cant do bf dbf and tbf. They also changed the rs system, so u cant spam with shotguns. If the new players feel good enough, then they can change to the pro Server Smile

EDIT: kgunz is also using a new ranking system. After reaching the max lvl (30) u wikl get a new rank. Its like 1e>2e>3e>4e>5e.
Thanks given by:
That is way more simpler holy ***** lol, but I mean the overall graphics might have to be updated to attract new players to the new server.
Thanks given by:
Sry but i dont think they will update the grafic, i read announcing about gunz 3. Gameplay of gunz 1 with high grafic like gunz 2
But i dont know if its really true.
Thanks given by:
Gunz needs a better engine to begin with.
Discriminating players according to skill imo is stupid, I think in 2k16 everyone who plays gunz is atleast as good as any other player with their own skill level and stuff. Now, experience of playing the game is something which is very different, a decade old player would pulverize a newbie but thats just it, Gunz is a very old game, let it be a classic instead of changing the game rules like ***** is trying with the kgunz.

Let Gunz live its near end life in peace. No Gunz is not dead, the community in secret still loves it and wants to play it every chance they get.
Eun is an inbred.

Classic niger aka Ajax/Droptheworld.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Thanks given by:
Couldnt agree more with you Spells
[Image: xc3dbc.png]
Thanks given by:
I was simply stating the fact and what people like about Gunz. Majority of the players are now used to the system, changing it would be unfair for them, why change in the 1st place. Isn't Gunz supposed to be a fast paced TPS game where experience > level?
Eun is an inbred.

Classic niger aka Ajax/Droptheworld.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Thanks given by:
Agreed its not fair to the old gens maybe the new gens just need more practice rooms Big Grin
[Image: xc3dbc.png]
Thanks given by:
If they change the gameplay, then i would leave gunz Sad
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2016, 12:57 PM)Spells link Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Gunz needs a better engine to begin with.
Discriminating players according to skill imo is stupid, I think in 2k16 everyone who plays gunz is atleast as good as any other player with their own skill level and stuff. Now, experience of playing the game is something which is very different, a decade old player would pulverize a newbie but thats just it, Gunz is a very old game, let it be a classic instead of changing the game rules like ***** is trying with the kgunz.

Let Gunz live its near end life in peace. No Gunz is not dead, the community in secret still loves it and wants to play it every chance they get.

I agree, however, noone wil want to take years to learn an old game. It is good for us oldgens since we can enjoy it while we can but, we have our lives and eventually we will have to move on. When we do, there won't be a newer generation of a younger player base to take over. I guess it will be good until it hits that threshhold.
Thanks given by: